Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Winning Numbers

When I was pregnant, we went to a fortune teller
to get the good days of birth.

I'd already had two boys, and wasn't going to deliver.
Now I had to get a C-section.

He looked at the stars, he looked at the moon,
and he said, "That day's not so good."

We picked a good one,
told the doctor, and waited.
Then something happened.

We had to reschedule.

But there was very little time left.
We had to take the first day the doctor could give us.

My husband took me to the hospital, and then
he drove to the fortune teller.

"Today's not too good, either,"
the fortune teller said.

We weren't too worried, because pregnancy, you see
can't be predicted, and on the doctors, you can't depend.

So when there was a car accident,
and the emergency room got full,
we weren't too surprised.

I had to wait a few extra hours.

My husband rushed back to the seer,
who said, "This time is very auspicious."

Good news! Nobody died,
and my child was born.

So my daughter, you see,
she's the lucky one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home