Wednesday, September 05, 2007

a different laugh

frank said he was kenny roger's brother, but we didn't really believe him, not me, not simon, and certainly not mustapha, who wasn't there in person at the moment, but who had a habit of showing up just when we were breaking into one of the customer's cars and playing their radios, so it was kinda like he was always there, even when he wasn't. simon said i danced like a wasn't a white man, which was nice of him but made me feel kinda awkward, so i just gestured towards the lexus and said, it's the music, and he laughed and repeated, it's the music that moves you? and i had to laugh at myself, too, it was so pathetic - like the time frank tested me for diabetes with his finger sticker, and i just bled and bled, or when simon told me no, i don't live in the albina, you think that just because i'm black, don't you. he laughed then, too, but it was a different laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home